Scheduling a consultation is one of the first steps you’ll need to take before ironing out the details of your plastic surgery. Make the most of your time by following these three tips for asking the right tummy tuck consultation questions.
Do Your Research
For starters, you should choose which plastic surgeon to schedule a consultation with based on some preliminary research that you can do on your own. With a quick internet search, you should be able to determine some very important information about a plastic surgeon, like:
- Is he or she board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Which accredited medical associations is this practice affiliated with?
- Are there tummy tuck before and after photos from this plastic surgeon posted online?
Have Realistic Goals in Mind
During your tummy tuck consultation, you’ll want to ask questions that pertain to your individual situation. Thus, make sure you go into the consult with realistic cosmetic goals in mind. Then, you can ask specific questions about the details of your procedure:
- Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
- Would you recommend including liposuction with my tummy tuck?
- What risks could be involved with my tummy tuck?
Keep in mind that there are limitations to body contouring procedures. It’s best if you try to reach your target weight with diet and exercise first.
Feel out Your Comfort Level
At the end of the day, you need to feel comfortable working with and discussing your needs with your plastic surgeon. Your tummy tuck consult can offer an excellent opportunity to get a feel for how well you “click” with him or her and whether or not you could see yourself having a smooth, hassle-free experience moving forward with this practice.